cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

how to make a gadget in the dashboard 'clickable' to set a session parameter

GM_9528891
11-Garnet

how to make a gadget in the dashboard 'clickable' to set a session parameter

Hello everyone !! Is there a way to set a gadget added to a dashboard as a session parameter? The event that would change this parameter would be a double click on it.
Specifically, I would like to be able to make a gadget in the dashboard 'clickable' to set a session parameter .. my final goal would be to bind data at runtime in the gadget.

if the question is unclear I try to add more info .. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:GM_9528891)

Sounds like you want to assign a parameter 'dynamically' to be displayed in the gadget?

I think standard gadget setup would have you pick the value and that gets locked in on the gadget as a mashup parameter.

After that is locked in, in the gadget you can use a service to do what you need with the value.

The only way to change a gadget value after 'instantiated' on a dashboard would be to use session parameters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Sounds like you want to assign a parameter 'dynamically' to be displayed in the gadget?

I think standard gadget setup would have you pick the value and that gets locked in on the gadget as a mashup parameter.

After that is locked in, in the gadget you can use a service to do what you need with the value.

The only way to change a gadget value after 'instantiated' on a dashboard would be to use session parameters.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GM_9528891.

If you feel the previous response was helpful, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags