cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

how to make text field multiline

VK_10159720
8-Gravel

how to make text field multiline

Hi developers,

I have a PTC Textfield widget binded to a datasource which usually has a big name but i have limited space on mashup.

I need to make it multiline but its not giving an option in properties.

On clicking wrap, its still not taking data in next row. Please suggest.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VK_10159720 ,

Kindly take this mashup entity backup before updating the below given suggestions.

Using Cut & Paste option in  Design Time, we can able to arrange the order of widgets. After the Textarea widget in placed in last then Cut the another 3 textboxes by CTRL + Select the required widgets.

Arun_C_0-1694806206371.png

Without saving the mashup immediately please Paste the widgets in the same/required container.

Also you can select the each widgets to Drag & Drop it to the required place in same container.

Arun_C_1-1694806468530.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HI @VK_10159720 ,

Have you tried with PTC TextArea - Widget for multi-line text in a mashup.

Arun_C_0-1694698363574.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Hi @Arun_C ,

thanks for your response.

Yes, i am aware of Text Area. Issue is that in the mashup which i am using, it is a responsive mashup and in one container it has already four other textfield.

The Textfield which is causing issue is the first one in container, if i try to remove and add new TextArea then that TextArea comes in the last of container and not in the first.

Please suggest

Hi @VK_10159720 ,

Kindly take this mashup entity backup before updating the below given suggestions.

Using Cut & Paste option in  Design Time, we can able to arrange the order of widgets. After the Textarea widget in placed in last then Cut the another 3 textboxes by CTRL + Select the required widgets.

Arun_C_0-1694806206371.png

Without saving the mashup immediately please Paste the widgets in the same/required container.

Also you can select the each widgets to Drag & Drop it to the required place in same container.

Arun_C_1-1694806468530.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Thanks @Arun_C. This helped.

Announcements

Top Tags