cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how to set permissions to non-thingworx use

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

how to set permissions to non-thingworx use

hello

i have some users which are not present in thingworx user list. Now i want to give permissions to those users. Like i want to give home mashup, usergroup to that user how i do that? please share the solution on this. 

4 REPLIES 4
bchaudhary
17-Peridot
(To:Ru)

Hi @Ru ,

Kindly check the below attached articles:

1.How to Grant permission in ThingWorx: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS358068 

2.https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-provide-access-permissions-for-particular-page-mashup-to/m-p/707016?source=ArticleViewerRelated#M49936

3. Article Explaining the ThingWorx Platform Permissions: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS236180

Feel free to revert back.

Regards

Bhawna

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:bchaudhary)

In our application, we have not made use of the Organization, nor added any user or user groups in Composer.
We have created our own database that stores username and password, based on those details the customer can log in and view different home page based on what credentials  has been  entered in the login screen.
We are facing issue with the composer login dialog box that pops up when our customers want to log in to the application that we have developed. We don’t want that to appear, instead our application URL must just redirect to the login mashup that we developed and the customers must be able to log in and proceed like they would in any other given application. P.S. We do not want to control access of Composer to users other than administrator.

GuruPrasad1
10-Marble
(To:Ru)

Hi @Ru 

I guess your are using some sso to login your users ? what is the mechanism your are using for authentication?

If you are using SSO you could use a feature in which Thingworx which by default adds the user to a group on his first login. To this user group u could assign all required permissions so no need to defined for each user separately. All user would inherit permissions because they are part of the user group by default.

GuruPrasad1_0-1641221727965.png

In addition to what Guru commented, I have a feeling that you do not use at all ThingWorx's User/Groups/Permissions system and created your own parallel system.

ThingWorx is not meant (not designed) to be customized at any level, but it certainly can, and in this case the customization effort is very high and the results quite fragile.

Coming back to your behavior, it is the standard basic authenticator behavior to popup the login screen for any mashup. You can use an AppKey built in the URL to pass the credential to this page, having just one ThingWorx User, but also AppKeys as URL will be deprecated. Even if you build a custom authenticator, you still need to have ThingWorx users at a certain moment...

What is the reason you created such parallel system?

Top Tags