cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

iPad Tool Tip Issue

RyanInterstates
3-Visitor

iPad Tool Tip Issue

When a user clicks an option on a drop down on a mashup when using an iPad , the tool tip appears at the top left corner. (see image) This only seems to be an issue with drop downs. Tool tips appear to work currently on other widgets using the iPad.

Any fixes? I need tool tips to function, so I can't hide them.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RyanInterstates.

We have continued to address some of the  iOS related issues in the last few releases, but significant changes have been made in ThingWorx 9.0.  Which version are you running?

Please note too that iOS updates often break functionality that was previously working as expected.  If you're not on the latest iOS release, it's recommended that you upgrade.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RyanInterstates.

We have continued to address some of the  iOS related issues in the last few releases, but significant changes have been made in ThingWorx 9.0.  Which version are you running?

Please note too that iOS updates often break functionality that was previously working as expected.  If you're not on the latest iOS release, it's recommended that you upgrade.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sharon,

Thank you for the speed response. The version I am running is 8.3.1.  I will have to find if I have the current release of iOS running on the iPad, if not I will update it.

Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @RyanInterstates.

Since ThingWorx 8.3.1 is an older, now unsupported release, upgrading iOS may not resolve the issue.  It may be necessary to upgrade ThingWorx as well.

If you plan to move forward with upgrading ThingWorx at some point, please remember to take adequate backups to ensure recovery to the current version before starting the process.  If running on a VM, creating a snapshot is the quickest and safest way to go, but it would also be recommended to take an export of the db.  If you're not running on a VM, backup the following:

• \ThingworxStorage
  • \ThingworxPlatform
  • <tomcat_home>
  • database dump

After upgrading, a full regression test should be performed to ensure custom code, etc. is still working.  Depending on the version you would be upgrading to, it may be necessary to make some code changes.

Regards

--Sharon

Sharon,

Thank you for you help. I will take this information and share it with my team and go from there. Thanks again.

My pleasure, @RyanInterstates.

If you feel I have answered your question, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags