cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

importing project

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

importing project

As the project has 1000 entities, we exporting and importing using source control entities. The import is failed. The only error in application log is "Import Entities error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: PDFExport", "Unable to process import: PDFExport".

PDFExport is a Resource, why this needed for importing project? even import failed if i try importing PDFExport resource. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi @AP_9587236.

Are you importing the extension as a file or an extension?  You should first import the PDF Extension (selecting the Extension) option.  Then you should be able to import your project.

If you are unable to resolve this, we can open a case assuming you have support.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Did you imported PDF extension before import the source code? You have to import the extension first.

Regards,

Latha

AP_9587236
17-Peridot
(To:vi1)

Can you please give me a link to download PDF Extension? What file it is? 

I didnt get in PTC Marketplace. 

AP_9587236
17-Peridot
(To:vi1)

Iam getting this error while importing PDFExtension. But  Application key is present. 

>>Error [authenticating connection], Server websocket will be closed. cause: Missing application key!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @

Here's an article that may help.  If not, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Which version of ThingWorx are you running?
  • What process are you using to do the import?
  • If using Composer, what options are you selecting for doing the import?

Regards.

--Sharon

Which version of ThingWorx are you running? Ans: The version is 8.4.2
What process are you using to do the import? Ans: From File & from Thingworx storage.

If we gave export using "To Thingworx Storage", it doesnt gave option what to export. Do you have any idea that what it will export exactly ??
I have attached a image.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

Are you importing the extension as a file or an extension?  You should first import the PDF Extension (selecting the Extension) option.  Then you should be able to import your project.

If you are unable to resolve this, we can open a case assuming you have support.

Regards.

--Sharon

I able to import all the extensions now. thanks. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236 

That's good to hear.  If you resolved your issue with the help of one of the previous responses, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags