cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

kepware "Device is not Responding"

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite

kepware "Device is not Responding"

Hi all,

I am using Thingworx 8.4.3 and Kepware 6.6. I have established the connectiving between Thingworx and Kepware successfully. But somethime there is an error on Kepware "Device is not Responding", but I don't see any change in my signals. The quality of signals is good.

I want to raise an alert/ alarms whenever this error occurs. Is there any way where I can store this error into some Tags on kepware and then fetch that tag to thingworx and then raise an alarm or from kepware itself an alram can be generated ? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MM_9023322 ,

You can create a new property on the thing which will bind to error tag under _System tag of asset in the quick client.

hchanana_0-1629401021800.png

On the composer, this property will be remotely bind to kepware tag address like below

hchanana_1-1629401118797.png

After that you can set alert on the local property (Error) you created.

Hopefully this approach would help you.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MM_9023322 ,

You can create a new property on the thing which will bind to error tag under _System tag of asset in the quick client.

hchanana_0-1629401021800.png

On the composer, this property will be remotely bind to kepware tag address like below

hchanana_1-1629401118797.png

After that you can set alert on the local property (Error) you created.

Hopefully this approach would help you.

Thanks,

Himanshu

I have implemented this approach on Thingworx 9.1 as well and a while back it was working just fine.

At some point, it stopped working and it seems to be a later version of Kepware that broke the availability of this tag to ThingWorx.

Unfortunately, I can't recall the version of Kepware we used at the time.

@hchanana what version of Kepware / ThingWorx does this work in?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:MM_9023322)

Hi @MM_9023322

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags