cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

label above pie chart

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

label above pie chart

Hi,

I have a pie chart bound with data (e.g i have Bound production count of 3 machines in pie chart but I am able to view which count belongs to which machine only using mouse hover which is very difficult to understand each and every time on opening the page and also will be difficult if machine number increases.

I wanted to display the label (machine name) above pie chart according to its data.

Please provide some solutions as We are doing a development project.

Thanks,

V Shalini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:svisveswaraiya)

You can use the attached pie chart widget, which behaves in the way you describe. It's based on this charting library: http://d3pie.org

Note that similar to widgets available under Thingworx Labs on the Marketplace, this widget is not officially supported. In addition, this is kind of a work in progress and has a few known issues:

1. Selections don't work correctly when using the widget sort or group options. If you want to sort the data, please do so in the service not the widget

2. The bounce effect is not working in this version

Otherwise it should work like most widgets, and as a few other nice options not found in the default pie chart. If you have any questions or run into any issues, please let me know (although I can't guarantee a fix.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Since I don't see an option right now to make that possible, unfortunately that would have to be done custom.

Hi PaiChung,

Thanks for your reply,

Should I write a custom java service and trigger it on mashup loaded?

Thanks,

V shalini.

I think it is best you create a full custom widget.

I've actually seen one created, and it might become part of core, although that probably will take a while.

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:svisveswaraiya)

You can use the attached pie chart widget, which behaves in the way you describe. It's based on this charting library: http://d3pie.org

Note that similar to widgets available under Thingworx Labs on the Marketplace, this widget is not officially supported. In addition, this is kind of a work in progress and has a few known issues:

1. Selections don't work correctly when using the widget sort or group options. If you want to sort the data, please do so in the service not the widget

2. The bounce effect is not working in this version

Otherwise it should work like most widgets, and as a few other nice options not found in the default pie chart. If you have any questions or run into any issues, please let me know (although I can't guarantee a fix.)

Hi Jamesm,

The chart is working well and satisfying my requirement.

Thanks a lot.

Top Tags