cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

licenseRequestFile.txt: Different device ID

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

licenseRequestFile.txt: Different device ID

Hi,

I have installed first Thingworx 8.4.5 in my local system and applied license. My local system IP address is dynamic.

Currently upgraded to 8.5.1 in same system. In that process, I have deleted all the Thingworx plotform folder and Thingworx storage folder. and also, I have deleted thingworx database from postgre's and created again. Before deleting the Thingworx plotform folder and Thingworx storage folder, taken backup.

Now copied same files back Thingworx plotform and Thingworx storage after install the new .war file. Updated plotform setting file based on Thingworx 8.5 version. Also, given access writes to all the Thingworx folders.

When I restart the Tomcat server and open thingworx composer, generated licenserequestfile.txt. Its not working with existing license.

Also, giving the everytime different device id's in license request file. May I know the reason , why its generating different device id's?. What bases device id's will generate?.

Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

The Device ID changed because of the fact that you deleted the previous folders.  If you have backups of everything, you may be able to recover the previous Device ID.  Please follow these upgrade instructions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

The Device ID changed because of the fact that you deleted the previous folders.  If you have backups of everything, you may be able to recover the previous Device ID.  Please follow these upgrade instructions.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi, 

Thank you for information.

I have followed same steps and license was not working. Currently I have generated license with new device ID and applied license. Working fine now.

I will check thoroughly next time.

Thank you

Regards,

Vidyullatha

Top Tags