cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

max items in querying Value Stream

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

max items in querying Value Stream

Hi Developers,

I'm facing challenges while querying a value stream through "QueryNamedPropertyHistory". 

Challenge 1 : When I gave the Start Date and End Date as input for the service i got an output as shown in "SD and ED given as input" image. I want to map the Type column entries with that of the Data column so that i can filter the data entries based on type. But certain type entries were removed as there were some duplicates.

Workaround_C1 : When I set the SD and ED as undefined for inputs and sent them as part of Query input of the same service it gives the desired output as shown in the "SD and ED given as query".

Challenge 2 : Earlier i had given the maxitems for the service as 1000000 and got infotable result with 136 entries. but when I set the maxitems as 1000 I'm getting only 3 entries.

Workaround_C2 : Since I wanted to give the optimum number for the max items and also to get all the entries I set it as 10000.

This service is running as a timer subscription with 5 minutes interval on 85 assets and its corresponding Value Streams.

We're experiencing high memory usage and there might be a chance the above workarounds are causing them. I would like to know if i can refine the query service for my use case.

Thanks and Regards,

Saran

2 REPLIES 2

For the second challenge, please refer to this article on tuning value streams: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS240607

Hi @posipova ,

The article was helpful. Also I want to know whether the scenario I mentioned in the "Challenge 2" is the expected behavior of the service or I'm not defining the max items in a recommended way.

Regards,

Saran

Top Tags