cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

open Error web with IE Edge

kikky_79
4-Participant

open Error web with IE Edge

I installed ThingWorx 8.4 and opened the web with IE Edge and it doesn't open. I checked the message with the developer tools and the output was:windows ie 에러.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yanchen
15-Moonstone
(To:kikky_79)

Hi,

I‘ve already reproduced your issue in Microsoft Edge 42/44 version in Chinese/Korean system locale, but works fine in English Locale.

This issue was reported to R&D as JIRA TW-50057, and had already been fixed in ThingWorx 8.5.

Here are the solutions for you:

1. Still use Thingworx 8.4 with IE 11/Edge, please change system locale to English (Control Panel>Region>Administrative>Change system locale) and restart workstation.

2. Use Chrome instead for Thingworx 8.4

3. Upgrade to Thingworx 8.5

Thanks,

Steven

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yanchen
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Is the issue specific with IE Edge?  Google Chrome browser works or not?

Does ApplicationLog.log report other error as well? 

kikky_79
4-Participant
(To:yanchen)

this problem is IE Edge issue, I don't see anything unusual in the Application Log.log

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kikky_79.

The screenshot shows an "out of stack space" error.  As stated by @yanchen, you need to check the ..ThingworxStorage\logs\ApplicationLog.log to validate that ThingWorx is actually running.  If not, did you validate the system requirements before starting the installation?  Which installer did you use or was it a manual install?

If installing a trial version, the installation instructions can be found here for Linux and here for Windows.

For a commercial version, the system requirements can be found here.

Regards.

--Sharon

kikky_79
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thank you Sharon

I followed the guide and went through the installation normally.

It works fine in Chrome

Only the web doesn't open normally in IE.

What should I do?

yanchen
15-Moonstone

Hi,

I‘ve already reproduced your issue in Microsoft Edge 42/44 version in Chinese/Korean system locale, but works fine in English Locale.

This issue was reported to R&D as JIRA TW-50057, and had already been fixed in ThingWorx 8.5.

Here are the solutions for you:

1. Still use Thingworx 8.4 with IE 11/Edge, please change system locale to English (Control Panel>Region>Administrative>Change system locale) and restart workstation.

2. Use Chrome instead for Thingworx 8.4

3. Upgrade to Thingworx 8.5

Thanks,

Steven

kikky_79
4-Participant
(To:yanchen)

yanchen
15-Moonstone

Currently, Thingworx 8.5 has not yet been released officially, it will be released in late Sep. 2019.

Once it is released, you can download new version from PTC software center with valid customer SCN, here is the link:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWX

Thanks,

Steven

Top Tags