cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

"Entity Import Not Supported for File Type: .zip" when trying to import an extension

Raccone
10-Marble

"Entity Import Not Supported for File Type: .zip" when trying to import an extension

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import an extension, and I keep getting the error I wrote down in the Subject:

"Entity Import Not Supported for File Type: .zip"

FailToImportExtension.PNG

this happens with any extension, also the one build in this tutorial. The only thing I have done differently is the Gradle build, which I carried out via Command Prompt, but the error shows up also if I use the pre-built .zip file in the tutorial files.

I am using a 30-day cloud trial now, so I wonder if this could be a limitation of the trial.

Thanks and best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jman87
14-Alexandrite
(To:Raccone)

Are you importing this specifically as extension import or just "file import"? Please make sure to use "Extension Import" .

Best Wishes!

Teresa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jman87
14-Alexandrite
(To:Raccone)

Are you importing this specifically as extension import or just "file import"? Please make sure to use "Extension Import" .

Best Wishes!

Teresa

Raccone
10-Marble
(To:jman87)

Hi @jman87 ,

This definitely was the issue, the thing being that I got confused by the second window, erroneously selecting "From File" because I thought it meant "Import extension from file".

Thanks for the help,

Federico

Hello @Raccone 

follow this steps:

MaxWang_0-1598843771597.png

MaxWang_1-1598843781473.png

MaxWang_2-1598843791304.png

BR,

Max

Hi @Rocket_Max,

Thanks for the answer. I'm going to accept @jman87's answer just because it came first chronologically.

Federico

@Raccone This is just a supplement to @jman87 ’s description. Welcome to "PTC Community".

BR,

Max

Top Tags