cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Entity not found" error  /  "Where Used" capabilitiy

vishp
1-Newbie

"Entity not found" error  /  "Where Used" capabilitiy

The logs shows that the Thingworx runtime is not finding an entity.  This is an entity that I deleted earlier and is no longer in use.   How do I make this message go away ?  I tried to search it using SQUEAL and REST API did not find it.  Will a future Thingworx version provide a "Where Used" capability (references and dependencies) for not just entities but also other elements such as services, properties, styles, states, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
paic
1-Newbie
(To:vishp)

Hi Vish, what is the full message in the log and does it show what Mashup or Service/Subscription is trying to use it?

Most likely a Mashup or Service/Subscription is referring to that Entity which now no longer exists and is causing the error to appear in the log.

ptc-5449790
5-Regular Member
(To:vishp)

For many of the current entity types there is a "View dependencies" link in the IDE that will show incoming and outgoing dependencies.  If a thing has already been deleted you can't start the search from it but you may have a good idea of other things that may reference it and be able to check these dependencies in reverse. Otherwise maybe you could check them on a local / backup server before that thing was deleted.  

Top Tags