cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

"Failed to dispatch event" if I use "Automatically update values when able", follow up discussion

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone

"Failed to dispatch event" if I use "Automatically update values when able", follow up discussion

Hello everyone,

this is a follow up to this and that post as there was no solution suggested. The related support article suggests to turn off the feature as a "workaround".

As I am currently working on Thingworx 8.4.4 I am afraid the only option I have is to upgrade to 9.x? Can someone report if the issue is resolved in the latest releases?

Thank you

Benny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:bbeuckSIG)

I have tested this in ThingWorx 9.1 and this is not reproducible now. There is no error while you use this feature now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mnarang
17-Peridot

I have tested this in ThingWorx 9.1 and this is not reproducible now. There is no error while you use this feature now.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @bbeuckSIG

Since it appears your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

I did accept the reply as a solution. But it only answers half of my question. Granted, I did not phrase my questions well, so I am clearer now:

I cannot easily upgrade to Release 9, is there anything I can do in Release 8.4.4. to use this feature without getting those error messages?

mnarang
17-Peridot

There has been a lot of work done to improve this kind of error in ThingWorx 9.x. Moreover, I believe 8.4 standard support has been ended so there is no way to use this feature without getting these error messages. I understand these are errors in application logs, but I think this is not hindering functionality in your use case.

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:mnarang)

Thank you @mnarang .

Technically you are right, everything is still working as intended. But the Application Log becomes useless as I cannot see any other error than this one. An expensive trade off, not sure what I am going to do.

Anyways, my question is fully answered now, thank you.

Top Tags