cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

style theme to value display widget

einsfeldleo
11-Garnet

style theme to value display widget

Hi everyone!

I have created one style theme to use in the value display widget in my dashboard and it is work well.

But I have created other style theme to use in other value display widget in other  mashup and when I binded that style theme on my value display all others changed too.

Is there any way to use one style theme to each value display?

Regards

Leonardo

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:einsfeldleo)

I'm not good with CSS but each widget can be assigned a CSS custom style

So in your main theme you can  provide definitions for each custom style.

Then per widget you assign the appropriate custom style

Hi @PaiChung 

Thanks for your answer.

I have thinked it too, but what happens is the follow:

In my image below when I change the style theme of one value display (for example: red) the all others (blue) change too

Value.JPG

I would like to provide definitions for each one

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

are you using an 'embedded' approach so that each of these value displays are exactly the same?

i believe you can pass a custom class dynamically if you need to.

Also if you are using some overall class, you may need to remove that and only use the custom class definition.

Final thought, potentially your custom CSS if you are using an embedded mashup needs to be in that mashup vs the parent.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @einsfeldleo.

If the response provided by @PaiChung allowed you ro find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @einsfeldleo 

The Style theme is indeed applied at Mashup level, so if you change it on one widget, it does change on all others.

However you can customize specific widget by editing their Style Properties .

Do not touch the Style Theme , but change the properties, for example for the border of a value display: Base > ptcsvaluedisplay > Border.

This will then apply only to that specific widget, so you can set each value dialysis the way you want.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin 

Thank you for your answer

Style Properties don't work if value display is bind with some service (for example: getproperties).

To change it just creating a new Style Theme.

Hello @einsfeldleo,

Just my 2 cents. If you have only two display states, you can duplicate all of your property displays (red + blue) and show/hide half of them based on the flag. Ugly but simple.

/ Constantine

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @einsfeldleo.

If one of the previous replies answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags