cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

unable to license Thingworx

WetterNestor
3-Visitor

unable to license Thingworx

Hello, 

currently i am using Thingworx 8.4. When I try to License Thingworx offline, Thingworx stops working(is not reacheable via browser and only works again after restarting the Computer) and the License is not acquired. In the application log I get the following Errors: (1) Unable to fetch License file with device id: …   (2) Unable to connect to the PTC lincense Server. Please make sure the LicensingConnectionSettings Setting …  

In the ThingworxPlatform Folder the Responsecapability file is changed to ignored. 

What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?

Regards

Nestor

5 REPLIES 5

@WetterNestor  Is this the fresh installation or upgrade from the previous Thingworx version?

You may refer to the below articles for more information.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS286956

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS292020

Thanks,

Vibhuti

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vangne)

Hi @WetterNestor.

In addition to the suggestions made by @vangne, make sure that you only have one .bin file located in \ThingworxPlatform.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley 

I double checked and it was/is the only .bin file in the folder.

Regards

--Nestor

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:WetterNestor)

Hi @WetterNestor.

Please provide the ApplicationLog.log located in \ThingworxStorage\logs.  Some of the messages you previously mentioned are expected when you're using an offline connection method.

Regards.

--Sharon

This is for a fresh installation.

As mentioned in the first article you linked, i made sure the Device ID was correct (as specified in the link) and it was the correct one already.

In the second article it refers to online licensing. I'm trying to do the disconnected licensing.

Top Tags