cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

imissaire
3-Visitor

where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

Hello

I just want to download the thingworx.war release 8 for training, but I can't find it on the download site. I could find thingworx docker installer, utilities, platform postgress .... but not simply the .war

57 REPLIES 57

I have full rights  and always same pb

jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:imissaire)

Is your ThingworxPostgresStorage folder empty?

Hello

I have installed PostgreSQL 9.4 instead of 9.6

In the installation guide, I execute the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat where I have added "To set up the database and tablespace with a default PostgreSQL installation that has a PostgreSQLdatabase anda PostgreSQLuser name,enter:thingworxpostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u <PostgreSQL user role name>–l C:

\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage  where <PostgreSQL userrole name>is the user role name that you entered in previous steps.

-->

REM Run psql

psql.exe -q -h %server% -d postgres -U %adminusername% -p %port% -v database=%database% -v tablespace=%tablespace% -v username=%thingworxusername% -v tablespace_location=%tablespace_location% -f ./thingworx-database-setup.sql

thingworxpostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u adminPGSQL –l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage 

pause

but I have an issue about psql.exe :

Do you know why please ?

Thank you

Isabelle

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Isabelle,

Could you please verify that the PostgreSQL installation/bin folder(C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin) is added to the system path variable.

Hello, I have updated my installation environement with all your help notes and thank you to everybody.

but always white page for thingwoarx application

Application logs indicates : 017-08-30 12:14:28.909+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [T: http-nio-80-exec-86] Could not handle request

Thanks

Isabelle

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Isabelle,

Could you please verify if the platform-settings.json file has the correct password (password created in the pgadmin3 tool) for the twadmin user.

I have "password": "password", in the file and I set this password agin in pgadmin for twadmin. I stop the application thingworx in tomcat, then I start it again and always nothing. I join traces : last sotp 15h22 : 0-Aug-2017 15:22:03.104 INFOS [http-nio-80-exec-84] org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop The stop() method was called on component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/Thingworx]] after stop() had already been called. The second call will be ignored.

and application.logs

Thank you

application logs joined

jdass
12-Amethyst

Could you provide a screen shot of your pgAdmin tool , please expand the Databases ,Tablespaces and Login Roles .

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Isabelle,

Could you please share the PostgreSQL logs (<postgres_install_point>\<version>\data\pg_log>) as well?

here it is

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Isabelle,

Could you please share the platform-seetings.json file? Also, please use the twadmin user and password  for  username and password variables in the file as shown below:

{

"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {

"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {

"ConnectionInformation": {

"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx",

"password": "password",

"username": "twadmin"

}

}

}

}

I have not twadmin like you but my adminPGSQL, created during installation : page 10, 3-b :

b.Select NewObject>New Login Role. On the Propertiestab, in theRole namefield, enter the <PostgreSQL user role name>for PostgreSQL administration

I have modifed the platform-settings.json : "username": "adminPGSQL" ... but same thing

How can I change the thingworx in pgadmin to put twadmin like you ? bes=cause I use this adminPGSQL in . DBsetup and Schemasetup . bat

and why create the 3-b ?

I have "2017-08-30 16:56:09 CEST FATAL:  authentification par mot de passe échouée pour l'utilisateur  « twadmin »"

--> 2 admin twadmin configured and my adminPGSQL created as asked by the installation but I think we don't need it ?

jdass
12-Amethyst

Yes , you don't need it, just keep the postgres and twadmin users. Give the twadmin credentials in platform-settings.json.

jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:jdass)

Did you make any changes to the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat file?  Can you share the first few line from your bat file?

SET server=localhost

SET port=5432

SET database=thingworx

SET tablespace=thingworx

SET tablespace_location=C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

SET adminusername=postgres

SET thingworxusername=twadmin

SO I have delete the table thingworx in pgadmin, my user adminPGSQL, I have modify again . bat and settings, and I have launch .bat

and I have also put password for posgress password to launch .bat

jdass
12-Amethyst

I noticed that your platform-settings.json has more than one persistence provider configured. Could you try with just the postgres persistence provider package?

WhenI have installed Postgress, I have chossen a password, and it is not password as for postgres and twadmin. Is is the problem:

017-08-30 17:24:58 CEST FATAL:  authentification par mot de passe échouée pour l'utilisateur  « twadmin »

2017-08-30 17:24:58 CEST DÉTAIL:  La connexion correspond à la ligne 80 du pg_hba.conf : « host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5 »

jdass
12-Amethyst

Yes, When you install Postgres, you will be prompted to enter the password. This is the password for the postgres user .You need to give that password when you run the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat .

And when you run the thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat , you will be prompted to enter the password of twadmin. So here , you need to enter the password you gave while creating twadmin in the pgAdmin tool.

- I have update my platform-settings.json with only the postgres persistence provider package

- I didn't create twadmin (neither postgres), it was already created. I updated rights to all for both.

Always the same error : 2017-08-30 18:39:45.896+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [T: http-nio-80-exec-142] Could not handle request

and :

2017-08-30 18:39:27 CEST FATAL:  authentification par mot de passe échouée pour l'utilisateur  « twadmin »

2017-08-30 18:39:27 CEST DÉTAIL:  La connexion correspond à la ligne 80 du pg_hba.conf : « host    all            all            127.0.0.1/32            md5 »

it is very difficult to install such application

jdass
12-Amethyst

Hi Isabelle,

I'm sorry that you are facing all these issues .

1) Could you please try removing the MSSql Persistence Provider package too, from the platform-settings.json?

2) Then run the thingworxPostgresDBCleanup script file.

3) Now delete the PG_9.4 folder in your ThingworxPostgresqlStorage .

4) And finally run the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat . Let me know if the thingworx database gets created.

thanks Janet

So no more mysql provider in platform-settings.json. do I keep others information ? "PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage ...

the thingworxPostgresDBCleanup script file clean s n PG_9.4 folder and in pgadmin

hingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat .  creates again thingworx database in ThingworxPostgresqlStorage  and in pgadmin

but always same issue for the appli

jdass
12-Amethyst

Hi Isabelle,

Did you try executing the thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat file next? Are you getting any error while doing so?

yes I have executed also thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.ba

Now I have regressed, my localhost (tomcat) to launch the application is unaccessible.

question : why have I a connection role named twadmin because I have never created it .... I can see the postgres, I suppose it comes with the postgreSQL installation.

I have again launched a postgresql clean-up and totale installation, and it is OK now.

A lot of issues because of connection roles to create not needed and password for twadmin to review.

Thank you all for your help.

Isabelle

jdass
12-Amethyst

Good to know that !

Top Tags