cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

Hello

I just want to download the thingworx.war release 8 for training, but I can't find it on the download site. I could find thingworx docker installer, utilities, platform postgress .... but not simply the .war

57 REPLIES 57

Re: where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

Isabelle Missaire​ : The .war file will be inside the ThingWorx Platform .zip file. If you have the platform postgres zip file then unzip it do get the Thingworx.war file.

-Durgesh

Thank you Durgesh, Indeed I can find it.

Another question please, when I deploy it on tomcat application, I had an issue around innaccebility site and I'm wondering if I miss the steps to fill "in the java Options field, type the appropriat java options, as described in the wiki" because I have not found the wiki. (extract from ThingWorx installation prerequisites (for all platforms document).

So I have not modified tomcat properties java and  I have :

-Dcatalina.home=C:\Tomcat

-Dcatalina.base=C:\Tomcat

-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Tomcat\temp

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Tomcat\conf\logging.properties

Moreover, I want to use tomcat 8.xx with java 1.7.xx : it is indicated as compatible.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.201.7.0_09-b05

thank you for your help

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173115/en/Installing_ThingWorx_8.0_1.3_.pdf

Please follow Tomcat configuration from the ThingWorx 8 installation guide starting page 5.

Go to Start->Configure Tomcat->Java Tab

And add the following lines

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseG1GC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions (please make sure you specify your path to the Tomcat->)

And, we recommend using jdk 1.8 . Please refer to the Thingworx 8 System Requirement document before you proceed with the installation.

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173114/en/ThingWorx_Core_8.0_System_Requirements_1.pdf

THank you very much for this guide, more detailed than which I used.

I have updated also java release to 1.8.0_144-b01

But when I deploy thingworx.war on tomcat application, I had always the issue around innaccebility site.

maybe environment varables to update ? in windows environment.

I have not install postgress yet, but for me, it is not the issu for the tomcat deployment.

Thank you for your help.

BR

Isabelle

Glad it helped! Is the platform still inaccessible? If so ,could you attach a screenshot of your java configuration?

Did you put the license.bin file in ThingworxPlatform folder? If not, please create the ThingworxPlatform folder in the root drive(default C:) and give it full access.

tomcat java configuration.png

I have also added :

optionsTomcatJava.png

but I can see others options in your screen about : endorsed, io.tmpdir I don't have

thank you

isabelle

Thank you, with license, I 'm progressing, I can see Thingworx started in tomcat application, but empty page with browser localhost/Thingworx while I'm waiting for "following login information".

I have ThingworxPlatform and ThingworxStorage folders created.

thank you for your help

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

Can you please share the Application log from ThingworxStorage folder and catalina.log from Tomcat logs folder?

thank you if you could help me. I have not install PostgreSQL yet.