cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

Re: where I could find thingworx.war release 8 for training ?

Your error message says [message: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!]. Please install Postgres by following the installation guide I had provided earlier. Let us know if you face any issues!

I'm installing postgresql and some questions please :

- thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat : I have added : thingworxpostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u <adminPGSQL> –l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage 

but how can I Execute it (I want to execute it as administato) ? I put my password that I added when I hace created the new role adminPGSQL : but error authentication

- no modification for thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat, I want to execute it as administator , and it asks me password for twadmin I don't know.

Thank you for your help

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

The new role that you created in PGAdmin must match the username and password in platform-settings.json located in your ThingworxPlatform folder.

The default role is twadmin and password is password.

You can run your DBSetup.bat by Start->cmd->Run as Administrator

Could you please attach your DBSetup.bat file?

Hi Isabelle,

You need to create twadmin user via pgadmin3 tool. Please follow the below steps to create twadmin user:

• Open pgadmin3 tool
  • Right Click PostgreSQL9.4->New Object->New login role

• On the Properties tab, in the Role name filed, enter the user name(twadmin)
  • On the definitions tab, in the password filed, enter a Unique password
  • click ok

Right click the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat file, run the file as administrator

Right click ScemaSetup.bat file and run it as administrator

Place the platform-settings.json file in /thingwroxPlatform folder

Open the Platform-settings.json file and update the twadmin password

So I modified the password for twadmin (password) by twadmin in platform-settings.json file and I put it  in /thingwroxPlatform folder

I created a new role twadmin

but when I execute thingworwPostgresDBSetup.bat with user twadmin, and password twadmin, error message : the role "twadmin" is not allowed to connect. Same thing for thingworwPostgresSchemaSetup.bat.

Isabelle

roleuser_pgAdmin_4.png

Hi Isabelle,

Can you please assign create DB permissions to the twadmin user.

Open pgadmin3 tool  --> click the twadmin user--> Go to Role Privilages tab and select "can create database" option.

Let me know if this resolved the issue.

Please download Postgres 9.4 .

Postgres 9.6 is not currently supported. And follow the blog from the link below to fully remove 9.6 and install 9.4 instead.

Ensuring PostgreSQL database is fully removed

Yes, 9.6 version is not supported at this time. Please download 9.4 version as suggested by Janet and if you still have an issue with twadmin user, please follow the steps mentioned in the below comment.

Thank you!

I added also rights to login and the login is ok now but I have : the database "thingworx" doesn't exist