cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

xxx-AnalyticsServer_xxxThing is not connected

nahuel
14-Alexandrite

xxx-AnalyticsServer_xxxThing is not connected

Hey there!

I wanted to share a problem and resolution I faced in case it helps anybody with a similar issue.

Let me know your thoughts!

UPDATE: Following @jgreiner suggestion I updated the ThingWorx Analytics version.

Reproduced in 

• ThingWorx 9.1.0-b10877
  • ThingWorx Analytics Server 9.1.0-r4

Description

• xxx-AnalyticsServer_PredictionThing Thing disconnected.
  • Applies to any Analytics microserver.

Cause

• ThingWorx executed a Job update at night.
    • When updated, it deleted all xxx_Analytics_xxxThings Things. Except for one, the xxx-AnalyticsServer_PredictionThing Thing.
    • This was logged in the C:\Program Files\ThingWorxAnalytics\Thingworx_Analytics_Server\data\logs twas-twx-adapter file 
      • 2021-05-12 17:47:01 [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] ERROR c.t.a.ctw.thing.AnalyticsMicroserver - Error while registering and binding to the platform HTTP [403] : Cannot Delete This Entity - It Is Referenced By 1 Other Entities
      • 2021-05-12 19:28:44 [NettyClient-NIO-1] ERROR c.t.c.c.c.n.ThingworxClientConnectionHandler - WebSocket exception caught!, closing connection!
    • It couldn’t delete it because xxx-AnalyticsServer_PredictionThing Thing was being referenced by other entities. More specifically, it was a DefaultValue of a DataShape field. 
    • In consequence the connection from the RemoteThing (ie, microserver) to the platform was closed.

Resolution

• The xxx-AnalyticsServer_xxxThing of the ThingWorx Analytics Server must not be referenced by any other entity because ThingWorx when updating might try to recreate them and if it cannot do it, it will close the connection.
    • This can be checked in the ThingWorx Composer, by selecting any of the xxx-AnalyticsServer_xxxThing and going to the “View Relationships”/”Uses this entity” menu.
      • The references to this entity were deleted.
      • Then, the xxx-AnalyticsServer_PredictionThing was deleted too and automatically a new one was created by ThingWorx. The new one created was automatically connected to the remote Prediction Microserver.
1 REPLY 1
jgreiner
12-Amethyst
(To:nahuel)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing you solution with us!  If you want to confirm what version of Analytics you are using in ThingWorx Composer, go to Analytics>Settings and the version should appear in the top right.

Analytics-Version-Number.png

Thanks,

John

Top Tags