cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Rolling up of Thingworx data into thingworx composer

RK_9414347
4-Participant

Rolling up of Thingworx data into thingworx composer

Hi,

I have installed thing Worx foundation, Platform Analytics and Thing Worx  Analytics server for rolling out the backup developed by our developer. While importing the data to get UI of runtime data, I am getting "import error failed" continuously . As , I am not developer, I am unaware how to resolve the issues. I am sending the attachment for the latest import of data to be uploaded with its error. Probably, if I could get any solution, I will be thankful. Please help me in this regard.

4 REPLIES 4
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:RK_9414347)

You will have to align with your developer then. It is not possible to do a proper analysis based on the screenshot, but it seems to indicate the data you try to import does not match the data model on your system.

The error  is show for field "password" and the system tries to convert it. So it looks like the data type of "password" in your data does not match the datatype of password on your thing.

Depending on how the export was done, the password isn't contained in the file anyways.

Check the thingmodel on the system the data was exported from with the one you want to import to, or have your developer help you with that.

RK_9414347
4-Participant
(To:Rocko)

Thanks for reply ,

Please let me know what all screen shots needed and i will provide.. please help me to sort this issue...

Rocko
17-Peridot

I do not think this is the best approach. Please talk to your developer first, as s/he will already have the necessary information. Either s/he will have to redo the data export, or you will have to reimport the entities to match the configuration of the server that is being export from.

Alessio
15-Moonstone

Assuming the two ThingWorx versions are aligned at the same release, your developer should export in Universal mode if passwords fields are included in the export. 

Top Tags