Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team.
Currently, Asynchronous programming in Thingworx must be done by creating multiple services and subscriptions. Example:
1. Synchronous Service brokers 5 async Service calls, and terminates
2. Async Service calls raise an Event on completion
3. Event must be subscribed to, and EventData must be tracked for status
4. Service operates on the results of the Async calls
This makes asynchronous development unnecessarily complex, and adds multiple entry and exit points.
Instead, adding Awaitability would allow all of this to take place in one Service call:
1. Broker 5 Async Service calls
2. Await completion
3. Collect results of Async operations
4. Operate on results
Will consider for a future release.
We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.
You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.
Thank you for your participation.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.