cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to connect Thingworx Navigate with Teamcenter (Siemens PLM)?

Salvador
4-Participant

How to connect Thingworx Navigate with Teamcenter (Siemens PLM)?

Hello,

Does anybody has any experience getting data from Teamcenter or another PLM tool and expose data in Thingworx Navigate?

How do you recomend would be the best approach to do that?

Thanks,
Sal

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Salvador)

Hello, Salvador.

Checking the knowledgebase (including internal-only articles) I do not find any instances of this having been documented. I will be watching to see if there is any change in that status, and would of course be very interested to know if anyone in the community has attempted this, successfully or not.

Sorry I don't have better news to report.

-- Craig A.

Salvador
4-Participant
(To:CRArko)

Helllo Graig,

Thanks for your effort to check into your articles.

Regards,

Salvador

pravinkumar18
4-Participant
(To:CRArko)

Craig,

Hope you doing well!

I was wondering if you have any news/updates to report on connecting  Navigate to Teamcenter.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Pravin 

Hi, this is Bob Arko, and I have a little more that I can add to Craig's information.

Customization to this degree is outside of the scope of Technical Support, and you can request help with your customization from PTC Professional Services through your Sales Representative. However, I picked up a bit of information from customization gurus that I can pass on about connecting to third-party data sources in general. We put this into Article CS289801, but its short so I'll include it here.

• Many Out of the Box (OOTB) mashups and things cannot themselves be edited
  • Customization requires copying OOTB entities and editing copies
  • Steps:
  1. Use the OOTB ptc-SAP-OData-connector as an example
  2. Create a custom connector to the Data Source
  3. Create a custom resource provider
  4. Create a custom Micro Services thing to combine Windchill and Third-Party information
  5. Create a custom mashup with a grid to display the information
  • Details for customized entities may be unique to the environment

Those are the broad steps. Tech Support Engineers are not trained in those steps, but you can get help from Professional services. Also, one of the purposes of our Community is to pool the experience and knowledge of Community Members at large, and if another Community Member has succeeded in connecting to another data source such as Siemens PLM, we hope that Member will offer what they have learned.

That's about as far as I can take this one myself.

Top Tags