cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to install Thingworx Navigate on Existing Thingworx Foundation

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to install Thingworx Navigate on Existing Thingworx Foundation

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Thingworx Navigate 8.5, when I run exe file it showing Thingworx Foundation will be installed along with Navigate.

Is there any way to install Thingworx Navigate 8.5 on top of existing Thingworx Foundation 8.5 ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

VR

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Velkumar ,

Are you sure if it is still supported to install Navigate 8.5 on top of existing ThingWorx. I would suggest to check with PTC once before you go that way.

For Navigate 1.8, I remember I followed this instructions, but not sure if it applies to Navigate 8.5.

Regards,

Shirish

Thanks @ShirishMorkhade . I have raised a ticket with PTC.

KiranK
10-Marble
(To:Velkumar)

If you are using Installer then everything should be installed using the installer as all the Folder and structure is defined in the installer and the are inter connected.

You cannot install Thingwox manually and then use Navigate installer on top of it

Hi @KiranK 

Thanks for your response. I have a production server running Thingworx 8.5 MSSQL foundation. So if I want to upgrade/install Thingworx Navigate 8.5, I need to wipe all  data of production server and use installer to install Navigate 8.5 on it ?

Regards,

VR

KiranK
10-Marble
(To:Velkumar)

Need to understand the steps that you did for installation. Can you put the details that you doing.

1. Installed Thingworx manually/installer.

2. created the Apps.

3. Trying to install. Navigate on top of it.

To b more safe I would suggest you install the Navigate on separate test system and import all your entities from production to Test system and then try it.

Can you share the ticket number?

Thanks 

1. Installed Thingworx 8.5 MSSQL Foundation Manually

2. Developed 3 apps on it.

3. Now trying to install navigate on it.

Ticket :15167735

/VR

Top Tags