cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Previously created license for organization

ThomasB
4-Participant

Previously created license for organization

I'd like to know this myself, i'm unable to reallocate the number of licenses for Navigate because our IT admin created several license files using all licenses available for Thingworx for our dev and test servers instead of just allocating a couple for the test team.

5 REPLIES 5
ThomasB
4-Participant
(To:ThomasB)

The reason is that I have been unsuccessful in reallocating the number of licenses, specifically Thingworx 8.1 is showing we have 601 Navigate view licenses and 601 have been allocated. When I change the allocation to 301 and create a new license file for our Development server and then go back to show allocation it still shows 601 licenses have been allocated. I assume that is because the 601 licenses were allocated to other server licenses. According to PTC sales the Navigate view license can be used on either Thingworx or Windchill, and I need to move some from the Thingworx server license to the Windchill server license but i'm not having any luck doing so.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ThomasB.

I'm going to move this thread to the Navigate queue and reach out to have someone assist you.

Regards.

--Sharon

ThomasB
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thank you, I submitted a PTC ticket for it but have had no response yet.

barko
16-Pearl

The licenses used by Navigate and those used by Windchill are two separate things. Windchill licenses include  features that begin "ptc_wnc_navigate" that grant some Navigate functionality in Windchill, and you see these in your Windchill license Management Details. These do not show up in the Navigate License Management subsytem, because they are not Navigate licenses. If you need to use that functionality for more Windchill users, you will need to talk to your PTC Sales Rep to understand what you have, what it provides, and to determine if you need more. If you want to increase users on the Windchill side and decrease users on the Navigate side, that would happen through the PTC Sales Rep.

You are entitled (as I understand it) to use all of your Navigate licenses (I can't speak to Windchill licenses) in your various PROD, DEV, TEST, QA, etc. environments. Each environment will have a Thingworx/Navigate server with a unique ID (the DeviceID), and you download a separate license file keyed to each DeviceID. There is a feature on the manual license request site that will let you include a subset of your total license seats in a particular license file, so you could divide them among multiple servers in the same environment. It sounds like you may be trying to do that. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:barko)

Hi @ThomasB.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards

--Sharon

Top Tags