cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill patch for Navigate

rleir
17-Peridot

Windchill patch for Navigate

Hi all

When installing TWX Navigate, the documents call for a patch to Windchill to support 'Contribute tasks'.

1. This is for any Windchill version before 11.2 (please correct me!).
  2. I think the Windchill patch is necessary no matter which Navigate version  (please correct me!).
  3. The patch is provided as an executable jar which makes various changes in the Windchill installation. I like to be able to revert quickly, so is there a corresponding executable or script which could 'unpatch' or revert the patch? Maybe I need to snapshot the VM and DB after closing it all down and making backups.
  4. When the patch has not yet been applied, Will Navigate have *any* functionality? Just View tasks perhaps?
  5. What are the various Windchill changes in the patch? Added REST endpoints, changed request handlers?
  6. Does CPS-12 include this patch? (our version is below)

Thanks!

Rick

PS we have Windchill v11.0 M030 CPS12, Navigate 8.5.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:rleir)

Hi Rick,

The answers to your queries :

1. Windchill Extension Patch is mandatory to be installed on Windchill server prior to Windchill 11.2 F000 CPS02. Starting from Windchill 11.2 F000 CPS02 extension patch is installed out of the box.
2. Yes patch is necessary.
3. Patches cannot be uninstalled. Only a full backup (Application and Database) and recovery strategy can ensure to roll back the system into a consistent pre-patched state
See PTC Windchill Backup and Recovery Planning - Technical Brief for more information.
4. Without patching on Windchill, Navigate will not be able to communicate and fetch data from Windchill.
5. The required PTC Windchill patch adds several web service endpoints that allow ThingWorx to interact with Windchill. Each patch includes instructions specific to the release. To install the patch, unzip the file and use the instructions found in the Readme file included with the patch.
6. Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 does not include Windchill Extension Patch.

Thank you

Arshad

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:rleir)

Hi Rick,

The answers to your queries :

1. Windchill Extension Patch is mandatory to be installed on Windchill server prior to Windchill 11.2 F000 CPS02. Starting from Windchill 11.2 F000 CPS02 extension patch is installed out of the box.
2. Yes patch is necessary.
3. Patches cannot be uninstalled. Only a full backup (Application and Database) and recovery strategy can ensure to roll back the system into a consistent pre-patched state
See PTC Windchill Backup and Recovery Planning - Technical Brief for more information.
4. Without patching on Windchill, Navigate will not be able to communicate and fetch data from Windchill.
5. The required PTC Windchill patch adds several web service endpoints that allow ThingWorx to interact with Windchill. Each patch includes instructions specific to the release. To install the patch, unzip the file and use the instructions found in the Readme file included with the patch.
6. Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS12 does not include Windchill Extension Patch.

Thank you

Arshad

Top Tags