cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Able to create Custom Apps on PTC Navigate Landing page, but unable to Tailor the apps for Users

snalam
4-Participant

Able to create Custom Apps on PTC Navigate Landing page, but unable to Tailor the apps for Users

Hi All,

I am able to create Custom app on the PTC Navigate landing page, but the app is only available for Administrator. I am not able to find the Edit Icon for the Custom apps to Tailor for the Users. Can any one help me in bringing the Edit Icon for Custom app? Is their any documentation available to bring the Edit Icon and Tailoring Mashup that helps to Tailor app for the User Groups as functionality available for default Navigate Apps?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Sivaram, which document are you following to add the custom app ?  Is it "Building Custom Integration for PTC Navigate" ? This document was created for 1.2 and was never officially released. Not sure if it applicable to later releases.

Normally you can specify an "AppsCollectionTailoringMashup" when building the AppCollectionRow from your custom AppCollectionProvider::GetAppCollections() implementation. But you will not be able to re-use, as it, the out of the box AppsCollectionTailoringMashup and related AppsCollectionAccessAppConfig used by the part or document apps collections.

Starting with Navigate 1.5, there is apparently a new technique (more configuration based) to register custom apps (Add a Custom Task to Your Homepage).

uyalavarthi-2
6-Contributor
(To:snalam)

Hi Sivaram

Were you able to make the App visible to Non-Administrators?

Please share if you made progress on this issue.

Thanks

Mahesh

Top Tags