cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Donwload representation files

gfontana1
1-Newbie

Donwload representation files

Hello everyone, I have to build a Custom App in PTC Navigate 1.5.2 that can download Windchill representable files (ex pvz, pvs).

I already have a Java class that query Windchill and extract representation download URL; now I wondering if it is possible use some service already defined in Navigate or I must write a my own extension.

Another question is how i can develop a Thingworx extension that can use the Windchill API.

Thank you Giorgio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use the ExecuteTask service on the (legacy) WindchillConnector to invoke a custom I*E tasks on the Windchill system (directly call your custom Java code from the custom I*E task). This service may become deprecated at some point and a custom Windchill REST Service is the way to go in the long run.

You can also test the GetCreoViewData service on the WindchillConnector, it may directly return the Representation URL.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This should be doable using REST APIs in Windchill REST Services 1.0  take a look here https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173713/en/WCCG_RESTAPI.pdf for more info

thank you Marek, surely RestApi is the solution now i'm going to investigate if is it possible to customize a RESTfull call

You can use the ExecuteTask service on the (legacy) WindchillConnector to invoke a custom I*E tasks on the Windchill system (directly call your custom Java code from the custom I*E task). This service may become deprecated at some point and a custom Windchill REST Service is the way to go in the long run.

You can also test the GetCreoViewData service on the WindchillConnector, it may directly return the Representation URL.

Thank you stephane, as i have just told to Marek i'm going to investigate if it is possible to customize te RESTfull call otheriwse i'll use the I*E task

Top Tags