cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error on working with DotNet SDK and non SSL thingworx platform

gvyakaranam
11-Garnet

Error on working with DotNet SDK and non SSL thingworx platform

I am beginner to Thingworx Platform, using version 9.1 trail foundation

Hosted as http://localhost:8080/thingworx -  It's working as expected in browser.

Now started working with dotnet sdk 5.8, following SteamSensor application, to communicate thingworx server,

Getting error like "Error initializing socket connection. Err = 10061", though disabled certValidation and ConnectedThingClient.disableEncryption().

Kindly let me know the resolution to proceed further.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @gvyakaranam,

Is .NET SDK running on the same server as ThingWorx ? If not can you check if you can reach the ThingWorx server and 8080 port from the .NET server using telnet [twx server domain name or ip] 8080 ? (Using telnet to Test Open Ports)

Hi Lowy,

Both Thingworx platform and dotnet sdk are in same machine/server.

And also SteamSensor application is running in the same machine.

Hi Lowy,

May I expect the resolution, as blocked to proceed further...

Both .Net SDK, Thingworx server(non secured) are in same machine. Getting error on connection.

@gvyakaranam, I notice that you mentioned your ThingWorx URL being http://localhost:8080/thingworx. Note that the SDK connection URL is case sensitive so make sure to write it as wss://localhost:8443/Thingworx/WS.

if the issue persists and considering this is a blocker for you, I would suggest opening a Support Case to get dedicated assistance.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gvyakaranam)

Hi @gvyakaranam.

If the previous post helped to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.  If your issue has not yet been resolved, we will be happy to open a case on your behalf assuming you have a support contract.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags