cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Find link between Change Request and Change Notice using PTC Navigate

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

Find link between Change Request and Change Notice using PTC Navigate

Hi developers,

I have a requirement to display the ECN along with its associated ECR. I found the link types namely:

1. wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink
  2. wt.change2.AddressedBy2
  3. wt.change2.ChangeReferenceLink

In Thingworx under "ptc-windchill-demo-thing" i'm using "Query" service for my use case as shown below for all the link types:

child and parent columns are emptychild and parent columns are emptychild and parent columns are empty

No rows are populatedNo rows are populatedNo rows are populatedNo rows are populatedNo rows are populatedNo rows are populated

I'm unable to get all the associated change objects. When i searched with  "wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink" type I'm not able to get the child and parent details without which the service will become irrelevant to my use case.

Thanks and Regards,

Saran

4 REPLIES 4

If you create your query in Query Builder you can see this link.  Particularly in 11.0 and newer where the available links can be easily found in the UI.

The link you are looking for is called

AddressedBy2 if you are using legacy mode

If you are using the new Flexible Association constraint you can find information about reporting on these links here:

Flexible Change Links for Query Builder

Hi @JeffZemsky ,

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using "11.1 M010" version of windchill.

I have earlier tried to query with AddressedBy2 with the following details:

criteria:

theChangeOrder2.id=<VR id>

type:

wt.change2.AddressedBy2

dataShape:

<Proper Datashape>

The "Query" service in "ptc-windchill-demo-thing"returns a null infotable(as shown in my first comment). I have validated in windchill that the Change Notice(mentioned in the criteria) has a link with Change request. 

With the same "Query" service if i try with "wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink" as type i get the link ufid only and not the CN or CR ufids (with which i can get the relevant details like name, number, version, etc)

Also i found that in criteria for the "Query" service i can only provide logical attributes that are listed under the type class in "LogicalAttributes.xml".

Within this file only "wt.change2.AddressedBy2" class is there and no "wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink" is given. So I'm not able to get the attributes for "wt.change2.ChangeProcessLink" with which i have to search for.

Regards,

Saran

Take a look also at this article:

Understanding Change Management objects and their relations

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article?n=CS63595

Marco

Hi @Marco_Tosin ,

The link you had given was useful in understanding how the change objects are connected.

Regards,

Saran

Top Tags