cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to display Windchill MPM Operations data, 3D annotation sets in Thingview widget of mashup

rbhoraskar
12-Amethyst

How to display Windchill MPM Operations data, 3D annotation sets in Thingview widget of mashup

Hi Community members,

I was hoping if one of you know, how to display Windchill MPMLink process plans and Operations data, 3D annotation sets in Thingview widget of custom mashup.

For now I can only get JPEG thumbnail image which is not useful, we need to get 3D annotation sets in GUI mashup.

Any suggestions and help highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

4 REPLIES 4
ssauvage-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:rbhoraskar)

Hi Rahul.

I would recommend you have a look to Operator Advisor manufacturing app: https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx-applications/operator-advisor .

Operator Advisor (OA) comes with tools that enable you to convert Windchill MPMLink process plans, and all related data such as representations of operations, into work definitions and associated data.

Here are some online help articles that may help you:

Hoping it helps.

Sébastien

Thanks for your reply, but unfortuntely we need to find solution with Navigate only!.

From the Knowledge Base Article CS333933:

For MPMProcessplan visualization/representation associated to MPM operations threedthumbnail url needs to be used instead of getpartsstructureED for ProductToView URL

• Take threedthumbnail URL and get that URL filtered using GetProxyUrl service of ptc-windchill-integration-connector
  • Use that generated URL for ProductToView property of the ThingView widget

Hi @rbhoraskar ,

As of today, Thingview doesn’t have capability to show annotation sets created in Creo View on Thingview overlay/side button options. However this is possible by an alternate solution which is by binding to the widget properties.
I am attaching a sample mashup with this implementation. In this mashup, If we provide path to pvz file in the Text box it would load the corresponding model on Thingview widget and annotation sets/View states are shown on Grid in the right. On clicking Annotations/View States in the Grid table we get the respective view/annotations displayed on the widget.

Regards,
Ravi

Top Tags