cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Learn How Role Based Apps Can Help Connect More People to PTC Windchill

lnakon
5-Regular Member

Learn How Role Based Apps Can Help Connect More People to PTC Windchill

J6565_PTC_Windchill_11_SMART_650x150.png

For those of you who were unable to join us on Thursday, March 10th, for the webcast, “PLM Access for All Stakeholders”, the recording is now available here. Watch Chris Bergquist, PTC PLM Solution Manager, demonstrate PTC Windchill 11’s new role-based apps and hear what questions were top of mind for your colleagues.

With role-based apps, stakeholders across all parts of the product’s lifecycle can easily and securely access product data at their point of need.

For instance, with the View Drawing app you can enter a part number and quickly bring up a drawing for that part. This allows you to easily get to the critical information that's communicated from design to manufacturing in one step.

view_drawing_app.jpg

With the View Part Structure app you can enter a part number for an assembly and get a 3-D image of that assembly coupled with the part structure that describes that assembly. Highlighting a row in the part structure will simultaneously highlight the appropriate elements in the 3D assembly. This is a fantastic way to quickly understand the status of a part number and how the parts fit together in the design. This can be critical information for those in the role of procurement, tooling, process planning and sourcing.

view_part structure_app.jpg

These are just a couple of examples of how role-based apps can extend the value of PLM throughout your organization. Watch the webcast to learn how you can use role-based apps to:

• View documents
      • View part properties
      • View parts list
      • View design files
      • View and measure in 3D

Existing PTC Windchill customers should note that you can take advantage of these apps immediately. There's no need to upgrade your existing Windchill deployment. So you can dramatically expand the value of PLM information across the roles in your company with no barriers.

Watch the webcast to learn more.

6 REPLIES 6
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:lnakon)

I won't be able to watch it at work.  They don't allow video replay on our network.  I'll have to check it out somewhere else.

Is this something to be used through a browser or would we need to install a program on each computer?

lnakon
5-Regular Member

You can view it in a browser. Let us know if you run into any problems.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

To clarify, is the app something to be installed on a clients computer or can the database be accessed through a browser.  Not if something needs to be installed to view the webcast.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It depends.  The apps themselves are purely web based (like Windchill is), but if you want to view the visualizations you still have to have Creo View installed locally (for the time being).

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ok.  I'm pretty sure that I saw that PTC planned to come out with a pure HTML5 Creo View.  So I assumed that to be the case and was hoping we didn't have to install it anymore.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

They are, but it has not been released yet.  Sorry.

Top Tags