cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Navigate Search Bar Focus

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Navigate Search Bar Focus

When using any app (Example: View Drawing) when launched, the system takes you to the search page. How do I get the cursor to automatically be in the search bar. I want users to be able to start typing right away when they see the search bar, no need to click in it before typing.  Not a coder, but I believe this is something to do with autofocus?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I brought this question to R&D, and learned that the current behavior is hard-coded, and there is no configuration parameter or other attribute that will allow you to change where the focus goes when the page is opened.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:GregOlson)

You could try looking into Custom CSS applied to that mashup, defining the focus

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_focus.asp

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:posipova)

In composer...what is the name of the search page?

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:GregOlson)

You would not be able to change the CSS styling of the Composer while keeping the support. 

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:posipova)

Probably not asking the right questions...very new to ThingWorx.  If I go into composer, what do I need to search to get to the navigate search page that I want to customize?

I brought this question to R&D, and learned that the current behavior is hard-coded, and there is no configuration parameter or other attribute that will allow you to change where the focus goes when the page is opened.

Top Tags