cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PTC Navigate 1.1 and Windchill 10.1 M040

achaube
7-Bedrock

PTC Navigate 1.1 and Windchill 10.1 M040

Hello,

I am trying to use PTC Navigate 1.1 for Windchill 10.1 M040. I have successfully installed Thingworx 6.5 which is compatible for Windchill 10.1 M040. Further, I have configured the Thingworx Composer as suggested in Install and Configuration guide of PTC Navigate 1.1. Through the PTC Navigate GUI (PTC.AccessApp.Master mashup), when I try to search on for any option given, the results comes "No results found for entered information." When searched on PTC, found an article regarding installation of Patch for Windchill 10.1 M040, but I have it installed. I cannot browse any Windchill data on Navigate. I have mentioned the URL of Windchill in ptc-windchill-demo-thing on Configuration tab. My Windchill url is http://localhost:90/Windchill. I am searching in Navigate by Administrator account and wcadmin is also added in the Administrator group of Thingworx.

Does anyone have knowledge of this or similar experience to understand the efficacy and issues.

Regards,

Amar

3 REPLIES 3
ptc-4545853
5-Regular Member
(To:achaube)

Amar,

The versions of Navigate, TWX and Windchill are no longer officially supported by PTC. There may be a way to make it work, but with Nav 1.1 there is limited value that you will be able to demonstrate. Note that 1.5.2 is the latest Nav version with 1.6 slated for release in early 2018.

Regards,

~Bibek

Hi Bibek,

Thankf for your response. I am aware of the support expiration for Thingworx, navigate and Windchill, but still I needed it to work it out for POC. I have done all the necessary steps as per the installation and config guide for PTC navigate, but still not able to access data in Navigate LandingPageAccessApp.

I am sharing  my application log files as well .it would be great if you can help with the same.

Once i am done with this i will surely look for and update and explore other values of Thingworx navigate .

Kind Regards,

Amar

ptc-4545853
5-Regular Member
(To:achaube)

Hi Amar,

We will need TS to review this and dig deeper. You can log a TS case and a Technical Support Services engineer will be able to look into it.

That said, Windchill 10.1 and Navigate 1.1 went out of standard support as of March 2016 and January 2017 respectively. Nav 1.1 does demonstrate our vision with the product, but it was essentially a conceptual version. So we should really find a way to demonstrate the value of Navigate using up-to-date releases. TS would be able to assist on a best effort basis but given that these are unsupported versions, we would not have an environment in house to test.

Regards,

~Bibek

Top Tags