cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC Navigate Rehost

akshaygt
7-Bedrock

PTC Navigate Rehost

Hi,

I am new to Navigate and I need information on the same.

We are moving the Windchill PDMLink to a new server with new host name.

In that case, we will be Rehosting Windchill, but, what about Navigate ? Is it possible to rehost Navigate ? If not, then how to move all the created data (users list, custom attributes etc.) from Navigate, to newly installed Navigate on the new server ?

Please help me out here.

Regards,

Akshay

4 REPLIES 4
hselarka
14-Alexandrite
(To:akshaygt)

HI @akshaygt,

Currently Rehost for ThingWorx Navigate is not supported. It is not possible to Rehost ThingWorx Navigate.

Please refer to CS266773.

You will need to re-install it again on the new server or on the same server with actual hostname. Before that you can export all the entities and customizations done so far, once that is done, you have to import it on the new system.

Let me know if this helps.

BR,

Harsh Selarka

Hi @hselarka,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please help me out on how to export the entities ? I mean, which all entities to export. How to export all the custom changes made in Navigate ?

Regards,

Akshay

hselarka
14-Alexandrite
(To:akshaygt)

HI @akshaygt,

You can export the entities that are customized through ThingWorx Composer UI.

image.png

Let me know if this helps.

BR,

Harsh Selarka

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:hselarka)

Hi @akshaygt

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags