cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

PTC Navigate Thingworx Windchill App Development

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

I have created this PowerPoint to help get started with PTC Windchill Connector & PTC Navigate. It has Windchill Connector Installation overview, component required to install Windchill Connector / PTC Navigate. How to use out of the box Windchill Restful webservice in Thingworx / PTC Navigate. How to get started creating your own custom app.

Please share your feedback on this documentation.

5 REPLIES 5

Very useful document

gyoung
6-Contributor
(To:PreetiGupta)

Our users have provided brutally honest feedback regarding the lack of utility provided by the out of the box Navigate toolset. Looking to leverage your experience and would like to know what you would do differently with the release of Windchill REST 1.1 and updates to both TWX and Windchill in the year since you published this informative presentation.

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:gyoung)

@gyoung

Looks like your users are unhappy with Thinworx.  Since we are considering deploying it, I would be very interested in some of their issues. 
Thanks,

James

gyoung
6-Contributor
(To:JHall)

James -

Our users and developers are generally pleased with ThingWorx from several different perspectives. Rapid development, ease of use and data fusion capabilities are the areas that are in the positive column. The issue that my engineering and PM users have is that PTC Navigate has not gone far enough into Windchill integration and services to be value-added out of the box. Search, read and download does not help them. They need Create, Modify content and workflow transaction management for it to be beneficial. This all requires custom Navigate app development or TWX mashup development combined with unsupported customized Swagger RESTful services in Windchill.    

jmartin-8
6-Contributor
(To:gyoung)

Folks,

Anark unveiled a TDP and Collaborate with TDP App this week and will be at PTCUSER presenting this so have a look or stop by the Anark table from Thursday onward.  I think you will find it interesting

Jim

Top Tags