cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Navigate Thingworx Windchill App Development

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

PTC Navigate Thingworx Windchill App Development

I have created this PowerPoint to help get started with PTC Windchill Connector & PTC Navigate. It has Windchill Connector Installation overview, component required to install Windchill Connector / PTC Navigate. How to use out of the box Windchill Restful webservice in Thingworx / PTC Navigate. How to get started creating your own custom app.

Please share your feedback on this documentation.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Preeti,

My name is Eknath working in Navigate.  Saw you could able to add new App on Navigate.

Can you please help with specific instructions on how to add new App to this collection.Steps shown by ptc doesn't seems to be working.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Eknath

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:PreetiGupta)

Eknath,

That is a good point. I did not create any document. However the PTC instructions are a good starting point. If you have any specific question let me know.

Preeti

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for quick turnaround. I am specifically interested in step by step instruction on how to add new Navigate App.

PTC instructions has approach of adding via implementing INavigateApp

I need information on how we can new app via these instructions.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Eknath

Slide 10 ... What does this mean?

Windchill users have to exist in Thingworx in development environments (wt.auth.trustedHosts )

The wt.auth.trustedHosts property lists the IP address of trusted hosts?  Do I need to make an application reference in Windchill to identify the user that Thingworx is impersonating?

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Hi Stuart,

Apology for the late response.

For development env (trustedhost setup)we have to create Windchill users in Thingworx with the same password. However there are other mechanism where users are created automatically when the user log in for the first time.

thanks.

Hi,

how to set up Trusted Host in Windchill 11?

HI

Where can i access Documents/materials to create Custom App in Navigate?

nshelke
5-Regular Member

Hi,

I want to create custom app in LandingPage which redirect to custom mashup.Currently I am able to add the custom app but through Part Apps by creating the Thing.I want to redirect to custom mashup directly from LandingPageAccessMashup.Please suggest.

Hi Preeti,

I would need a demo on this ppt. Can we get any video to get demo on this ppt.

Regards,

Madhu

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for Kudos. I am wondering if there are customs apps any of you started to built?

Preeti

Hi @PreetiGupta,

I'm interested in creating custom REST web services and get the REST endpoint in Thingworx. Is there any tutorials available for this. In your ppt you had given overview on how to create custom services but if there is a step by step procedure on how to create, register and use the same, it will be very useful.

Regards,

Saran

kvsmanyam
4-Participant

Thank you Preeti for putting together these slides and sharing.

Top Tags