cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC Navigate installation out of software matrices recommendation. Is it possible?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

PTC Navigate installation out of software matrices recommendation. Is it possible?

Hello everyone. I have experience installing and customizing Windchill, but I am new to Navigate and thingworx installation. After refering software matrices, I came to conclusion that Postgre and H2 are the only databases supported for navigate installation. But in my client location they are having below mention servers, so how should I tackle below mentioned problems/ address questions? Any reply regarding the subject would be of great importance. 

Question 1: Is it possible to install PTC navigate 1.5 and Thingworx 8.0.1 when there is a windows server 2012 and MSSQL 2016 standard database in production environment? If it is possible how should it be done? 

(Requesting for documents and useful links)

Question 2: Is it possible to install PTC navigate 1.5 and Thingworx 8.0.1 when there is a windows server 2008 and Oracle 11g database in test environment? If Yes, 

how should it be done? 

(Requesting for documents and useful links)

Thank you in advance.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
achaube
7-Bedrock
(To:Vinay_S)

Hello Vinay,

Yes it is possible to install thingworx 8.0.1 and PTC navigate 1.5 with Mysql you can find the documentation at PTC support https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jspp=browse_results&Product=ThingWorx&Release=8.0&DocType=2104

Kind Regards ,

Amar Chaube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
achaube
7-Bedrock

Hello Vinay,

Yes it is possible to install thingworx 8.0.1 and PTC navigate 1.5 with Mysql you can find the documentation at PTC support https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jspp=browse_results&Product=ThingWorx&Release=8.0&DocType=2104

Kind Regards ,

Amar Chaube

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:achaube)

Thank you fro the link Mr. Amar, I successfully installed it long back. 

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Vinay_S.

It would be helpful for other members of the community for you to provide the solution.  If the previous response was helpful, you can simply select "Accept as Solution" to close out this post.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags