cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Problem: Thingworx SAP integration (mapping ID)

bYoussouf
7-Bedrock

Problem: Thingworx SAP integration (mapping ID)

Hi , TW Community 
I'am trying to integrate SAP to TW , I did ( Runtime integration webservice) without any issues , than I configured SAP Credentials to the Thing but when I want to create an API Map I got this error !!!
where can I get the Mapping ID ?

bYoussouf_0-1588295479270.png

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bYoussouf
7-Bedrock
(To:barko)

Thanks Barko ,

Good News , problem solved it was in the URL's and Endpoints (Misconfiguration)

bYoussouf_0-1588817159669.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The “Your route exchange has failed” message is generic and means something about your connection or request is not right. Frequently it involves the authentication method you are using. There is usually more information in the webserver logs on the target side (example: access.log and error.log in Apache Httpd webserver).

The “Internal error accessing metadata references” is an issue on the Resource Provider (SAP) side. You may need to follow up this message with your SAP administrator. In a similar case involving Windchill as the Resource Provider, the case was transferred from Navigate to Windchill and the Windchill team recommended reinstalling REST services on Windchill.

bYoussouf
7-Bedrock

Thanks for your reply , honsetly I didn't understand what caused the problem , any idea how to treat this kind of issues or how to debug it?

You have to go through the logs to find more information about what happened. I have no access to SAP, so I can’t be more specific than that.

bYoussouf
7-Bedrock

Thanks again barko ,
this is the log message from the runtime service

bYoussouf_0-1588715360932.png

as you see above, the "sap" as a mapping ID causes this exception, 
I don't know what do I type in mapping ID field, do you think that this issue is related to SAP?

IntegrationRuntime establishes the connection between the ThingWorx server and the Resource Provider server (in this case, the server that runs SAP). From the details in the stack trace, the system cannot get a DNS resolution to the hostname “sap”. While you might get by this particular error by adding the name sap with the IP address of the SAP server to the Hosts file, it would be best practice to use the FQDN of the server in the configuration, wherever the hostname is used for a URL.

bYoussouf
7-Bedrock

Thanks Barko ,

Good News , problem solved it was in the URL's and Endpoints (Misconfiguration)

bYoussouf_0-1588817159669.png

Top Tags