cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Navigate 9.0 installation

abhiramk
11-Garnet

Thingworx Navigate 9.0 installation

Hello,

I have installed Thingworx 9.0 instance and running an application. I have installed it manually without using installer.

Based on requirements, I have to install Thingworx Navigate 9.0. when I'm trying to install navigate it's again asking me to install Thingworx foundation using installer. Is there a way to install Navigate without removing existing instance. The server is having only one drive so i can't use two instances also.

Any suggestions on this?

-thanks,

Abhiram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
schauvelin
14-Alexandrite
(To:abhiramk)

Thanks for your feedback. I understand your point but this is the intended design for the moment.

You can create an idea about that : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS67713

Please close the thread by using "solution accepted".

Kind regards. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schauvelin
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

Navigate installer is looking for a file called :

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.ptc_ccif\ThingWorxFoundation.xml

with content :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding='utf-8'?> <installationInfo>         
    <projectFlavor>MSSQL</projectFlavor>     
    <applicationName>ThingWorxFoundation</applicationName>     <applicationVersion>9.0.0</applicationVersion>     <applicationInstallDir>C:\ThingWorxFoundation</applicationInstallDir>
</installationInfo>

Please create this file, change vaule in bold accordingly to your current installation and re-launch Navigate installer.

Kind regards. 

Thank you @schauvelin  for your response.

I have created the file and updated it accordingly, now it threw the below message. Any other changes do i need to make?

abhiramk_0-1598879829880.png

schauvelin
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

So i think you need to re-install TWX 9.0 with installer. No other solution.

See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS327519

Kind regards. 

@schauvelin In the article link they have mentioned as below:

• With ThingWorx Navigate 9.0 there are no plans to support the manual installation going forward

This absolutely make sense if the customer want to use navigate only but, if the end customer has application running on Thingworx foundation which is installed manually or they may not have initial plans of installing Navigate and later it comes into picture then it will be an issue for the customers right.  I think the licenses are also different for both products right?

I am just sending my feedback on this.

I will go ahead and migrate the application to installer. Thank you for your response Chauvelin.

schauvelin
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for your feedback. I understand your point but this is the intended design for the moment.

You can create an idea about that : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS67713

Please close the thread by using "solution accepted".

Kind regards. 

Top Tags