cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill Connector getting user ufids from WC

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Windchill Connector getting user ufids from WC

I want to get thingworx logged in user ufid from Windchill. I created an Infoengine task for WTUser to get the user unique identifier (ufid). I am wondering if I can use any out of the box Windchill connector services to get this information.

thanks,

Preeti

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Preeti,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can accomplish this with the Out of the Box "Query" WindchillConnector Service. It's probably a bit more complicated than having an InfoEngine task that gets the ufid, but it's another option.

Basically what you would do is create a Data Shape for WTUser, then in the Query service, leave the "containerUfid" blank, enter "name=<some username> " as the criteria, the type as "wt.org.WTUser", and the dataShape as your WTUser Data Shape. When you run the service, you should get an InfoTable back containing all the WTUser fields, one of which being the ufid.

Here's a sample screenshot of what I mean.

Query.PNG

Hopefully this helps!

Rob

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:rweido)

thanks Rob.

hi,

I want to create a meeting of a project in the the windchill from thingworx. In that I have to write Info*engine task. Could you please suggest the way and could you please share if you have any..?

regards,

madhu

Top Tags