cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

4 common obstacles while learning – and how to overcome them

Ajit7
11-Garnet

4 common obstacles while learning – and how to overcome them

Overcoming obstacles! Well that’s exactly what challenges our problem-solving skills, right? Our learning journey may not always be straightforward. We face distractions, are struggling with a specific topic or struggle with planning our next steps.

Today, I am happy to share some tips that I use to overcome my obstacles while learning. Please read on and give feedback – I hope you will find my article useful!

Avoid distractions
Source - Unsplash.comSource - Unsplash.com

Running mind: Well that’s the most common obstacles while trying to learn something. When I am having a hard time concentrating, I try a break and try to relax. Meditation helps me a lot, it helps in lowering the brain’s wave frequency and control our mind. It also develops good concentration and focusing ability.

Surroundings: We might be in a place where there is a lot of noise, or too many people, or uncomfortable seating etc. Identify the cause first, then make a change. Go for a replacement (in case of a bad chair or light, etc.) or change your location (noisy places).

Ask for help

Source - Unsplash.comSource - Unsplash.comNever be afraid to ask a question when in doubt. Figuring out things by yourself can often cost time. Also, engaging with an expert on a topic will often provide access to more information. Most likely, the person you are asking will be happy to help and not blame you for not knowing something.

Plan your priorities

Source - Unsplash.comSource - Unsplash.comUnclear priorities can make our unplanned tasks to pop up in between our learning sessions. What I personally follow for prioritizing my schedules is make 3 columns with headings as ‘Tasks’, ‘Important’, ’Urgent’, below the heading ‘Task’ I write down all the tasks that I have to do and below the heading ‘Important’ I mark the tasks that are important and finally below the heading ‘Urgent’ I mark the tasks that are important and urgent for me and start working on them, I can now check which of the tasks require my immediate attention and which ones can wait and accordingly I can plan my study at such a time frame that non other tasks interrupts me.

Don't just copy

Source - Unsplash.comSource - Unsplash.comCopying other's work or some relevant stuff from the internet is easy, isn’t it? But it is a big threat to our knowledge base on a long run. With the unlimited amount of information at our fingertips through all kinds of sources on the internet, we run in danger of taking over thoughts from others too easily. However, it is important to not just accept things but think them through and explore alternatives.

Tackling obstacles in the learning journey helps in achieving creative problem-solving skills for the future. This does take time and patience. Keep practicing!

Let me know if you find these tips helpful. Do share your thoughts with comments!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags