cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Bolted Joint Analysis

dbhaskara
1-Newbie

Bolted Joint Analysis

I am looking in to option to use creo simulate to conduct bolted joint analysis.

I am not expert in creo simulate and I am looking for any tutorial and other help material related to Fasteners/ Bolted joint in creo simulate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:dbhaskara)

Hi,

You need to do a lot of reading and practice what you read on a simple, well constrained model.

Try 2 simple blocks each with a central hole assembled and to be bolted.

Don't play with the mesh, accept all defaults initially. Keep the analyses quick else you will forget what you are doing

Follow the recipes in available documentation; start your reading here :

Also there are many threads on this forum which should help expand your knowledge. Search for 'fasteners' at the top of this page. Limit your search to this forum. Try these to start with :

Re: Fasteners analysis.

Using Fasteners - Creo Simulate

There are often links and additional documentation within these

When you begin to have specific problems/questions try uploading simple models and there should be relatively quick answers from the forum.

Hope this is of use.

Regards

Charles

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise

What is it that you are trying to determine?

If you are looking for fastener loads you could use the Mechanica fasteners or you could also put your own beams or springs in (my preference):

http://www.tsdengineering.com/pages/asm_bolts.html

TSD Engineering‌ (look at tips and tricks to get to the link above)

More discussion:

Creo Simulate Fasteners

If you are not familiar with bolted joint analysis you might also want to review NASA 5020:

https://standards.nasa.gov/file/515/download?token=cXwrFsu2

I am looking existing PTC documents/ Procedure/Tutorial related to BJA

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Hi,

You need to do a lot of reading and practice what you read on a simple, well constrained model.

Try 2 simple blocks each with a central hole assembled and to be bolted.

Don't play with the mesh, accept all defaults initially. Keep the analyses quick else you will forget what you are doing

Follow the recipes in available documentation; start your reading here :

Also there are many threads on this forum which should help expand your knowledge. Search for 'fasteners' at the top of this page. Limit your search to this forum. Try these to start with :

Re: Fasteners analysis.

Using Fasteners - Creo Simulate

There are often links and additional documentation within these

When you begin to have specific problems/questions try uploading simple models and there should be relatively quick answers from the forum.

Hope this is of use.

Regards

Charles

I would like to thank everyone here.

Top Tags