cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cabling issues

ptc-5370850
1-Newbie

Cabling issues

Hi guys,

I've been working with cabling application on ProE and I was able to modify an existing harness very easily.

But, since the new Creo version was released, I'm having a few issues rerouting the bundles and wires.

For example:

- in ProE wf4, I could delete a portion of a bundle and reroute it in a new connector or location.

- now, in Creo, the reroute command is only for changing the path of the bundle/wire by adding new locations between its ends.

My questions are: How can I reroute the bundles in Creo, to a new connector?

and are there any advance training materials for the new Creo Cabling application?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

It should be possible to select a bundle, Right Click and select route. From the route dialog you should be able to select a new entry port.

However with that said I do know there is a bug which should be fixed very soon and i would suggest you speak to tech support and register your problem so you can be notified when the bug is fixed.

As a workaround you have extract the wires from the bundle. using multiselect select all the extracted wires, reroute them and then recreate the bundle.

thanks, Jim

Top Tags