cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Compare Model Versions in Creo w/Windchill

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Compare Model Versions in Creo w/Windchill

I am almost positive I've seen a video or read a tutorial somewhere that showed how to compare two different versions of the same model in Creo Parametric when connected to Windchill.  If I remember correctly, to get around the workspace limitations one of them was automatically renamed on the fly.  Does anyone remember seeing something like this or know where it's located?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

Tools tab, Compare Part/Compare Assembly.

Open one file, then run compare part which will have you select the second model.

To add some more detail.

To compare to a model from the common space you navigate through windchill cabinets to the folder in the common space where the old file is. With the file rename option checked it will rename all the common space models.

Nice tool.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:slapha)

Tools tab, Compare Part/Compare Assembly.

Open one file, then run compare part which will have you select the second model.

Navigate in Windchill Cabinet to the location of the version of the file you want to compare. Select Tools drop down list and then All Versions. Select the desired version and the Open.

Super simple to do.

compare.jpg

Top Tags