cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Confucius & eLearning

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

Confucius & eLearning

I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.

--Confucius

Confucius lived about 2500 years ago, but many of his statements have unchanged value today and can be applied to many concepts in modern life.  Such as PTC University eLearning…

In order to learn, you need to understand and to understand, listening is not always enough. The quotation suggests that the process of learning is more effective if it includes visual and hands-on (i.e. exercise) elements.

While this is true for any instructor-led (ILT) class we offer, many people would not expect this from eLearning. On the contrary, people often have the perception of eLearning being “just” an online repository of documents, or demos and tutorials in the best case.

At PTC University, we understand that people learn differently and we have thus created our eLearning libraries to serve the different learning styles and needs people have.

Request a free eLearning demoEach of our eLearning libraries contains many courses with short, modular chapters in a variety of formats – audio lectures and demos, video tutorials, and exercises with downloadable lab files. The feedback we are getting from our users is that they enjoy having this choice.

If they want to watch a video to learn a new concept they can, if they want to read about it they can, if they want to practice the steps they can. And if they want to use all formats they can.

A customer recently framed PTC University eLearning as ‘an instructor you can rewind as many times as you need to’ -- which you can’t do with a live instructor. I must say, I like this comparison!

Long story short, we are pretty proud of our eLearning environment and the interface of PTC University Precision LMS, our learning management system, has just undergone another major facelift.

Would you like to take a look? We are offering free demos to our customers, so if interested, just raise your hand (virtually) and we will get back to you to arrange a date for showing it to you!

We look forward to talking to you!

Bettina

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags