cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How can I attach text to a reference circle?

dgilliland
1-Newbie

How can I attach text to a reference circle?

I have recently got a DIY 3D printer and I have been using Freecad but I read that Creo was a better free cad since it was parametric.  I have been trying the free trial software with youtube tutorials and I like what I see so far. I have been working on this tutorial, Creo 2 Tutorial - Name Tag with Text on a Curve - YouTube .However, I do not have the tame text tool as the tutorial, or at least I do not know where the find it. The only text tool I have found is in the one shown in the picture below. Is there anyway I could wrap text around the edge of my model?

a.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dgilliland)

The image you are showing is Creo Elements/ Direct.

Move your post to PTC Creo Elements/Direct

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for notifying me, I've moved this discussion into our PTC Creo Elements/Direct‌ product community.

The program you are using is Creo elmenets/Direct Modeling free version.  The tutorials for Creo 2 will not apply. However, I do have a lisp routing that will do what you want, if you email me I can send it to you.

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags