cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to create simple 3D model

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to create simple 3D model

Hi guys,

Am beginner with creo customization, am trying to create a simple 3D model say a Rect block. I am trying to create that, really I don't know how to start that. If any body had sample program, please give me or please give me any tutorial link. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to link against the proper toolkit library.

In VS10, in project properties / Linker / Input / Additional Dependecies add <creo_install_dir>\Common Files\M120\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj\protk_dll.lib

There may be more missing libraries but I can't say from the picture you posted. Try to build the project and then upload the log file generated by visual studio.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

This is really a too broad of a question. Let's try to narrow it down a little bit.

1. What API do you intend to use. Creo has multiple development environments:

• toolkit and object toolkit - based on C/C++. Those are the most powerful but in the same time the only ones that require specific license. And the licenses are expensive.
  • VBA - visual basic for aplication
  • Jlink - Java based API
  • WebLink - Javascript API's

For VBA, Jlink and WebLink the functions to create models and more important features within the models are extremely limited. As far as I remember all you can do is to import UDF features.

With toolkit you can create models and almost all type of features.The required functions are documented in the user guides.

You will use "ProSolidCreate" to create new (empty) models.

For feature creation you have ProFeatureCreate.

On your installation directory, under Common Files\<build_code>\protoolkit\protk_appls you will find a lot of examples. I suggest to look at pt_examples\pt_dbase for model creation and to pt_examples\pt_feature for feature creation.

Good luck and don't hesitate to post questions when you need help.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your reply. Am using Toolkit C++. I tried to open file in VS 2010. When I try to build that it shows so many errors. I have add additional includes and linkers.

All of the errors shown in the picture that you attached are caused by Visual studio linker not finding the toolkit libraries.

In the user guide look for "Running the Microsoft Visual Studio Solution" (Fundamentals / Installing Creo Parametric TOOLKIT / Testing the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT Installation / Running the Microsoft Visual Studio Solution) section. It gives you instructions how to build the toolkit application from Visual Studio.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your reply. I have tested protoolkit using Protoolkit_example.zip, that works well. But when I use any example files to create .dll without makefile, VS'10 throws many error.

You need to link against the proper toolkit library.

In VS10, in project properties / Linker / Input / Additional Dependecies add <creo_install_dir>\Common Files\M120\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj\protk_dll.lib

There may be more missing libraries but I can't say from the picture you posted. Try to build the project and then upload the log file generated by visual studio.

Top Tags