cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to do ThingWorx Developer Associate Certification

EdoardoConti
3-Visitor

How to do ThingWorx Developer Associate Certification

Dear PTC,

I wanted to know, if possible, the link to do the online exam on ThingWorx Developer Associate.

I looked on internet, but I did not find anything.

Can you help me?

26 REPLIES 26
DavidR.Eberle
5-Regular Member
(To:EdoardoConti)

Thank you for your question. The ThingWorx Developer Associate Exam has been replaced by our new ThingWorx Foundations Credential. Students can pursue the ThingWorx Foundations Credential by completing three ThingWorx Foundations training courses and passing an assessment. More information about the required training and associated assessment can be found on this page. The training courses are available for free and a student can self-enroll from our Free Online Catalog. Once the courses are complete, please use the "Contact Us" button on the Assessment: ThingWorx Foundations page to connect with a PTC Training Advisor to purchase the exam.

I finished the 3 courses, i clicked contact us, I inserted the data but I can't contact you.

can you help me?

Thank you.

DavidR.Eberle
5-Regular Member
(To:EdoardoConti)

I will contact you in a private message.

Thank you very much for clarification. Do I understand you correct that I must complete 3 free courses to get the exam's permission? 

Or I still have another way is to pass the exam via Kryterion test center?

kkamble
6-Contributor
(To:ruslan1979)

Hi,

I'm Karan and I work in David's team and would be assisting you with your queries.

Yes, in order to unlock the 'Assessment: ThingWorx Foundations' one should complete the three pre-requisites viz. Fundamentals, Modeling and UI development. However, the Assessment itself is a paid exam. Can you please let me know if you have a Sales Order Number (SON#) which signifies the purchase? Else, I can have a sales representative contact you for further assistance.

Hi, I have completed the three pre-requisite courses required for unlocking the assessment, however I am still not able to take the assessment. When I tried the contact-us button the sales person that contacted me suggested the course only without assessment. Is it possible to take the assessment after free courses?  

kkamble
6-Contributor
(To:GeetikaJain)

Dear User,
Thank you for reaching out.
I would contact you in a private message.

Thanks,
Karan Kamble

Hi There, 

I am also have same Question since i have completed Fundamentals of IoT Development, IoT Modeling, and IoT UI Development courses now from where and how i can take  assessment for C1(Level1) ?

Thanks in advance,

Shubham Purohit 

MESTECH ROCKWELL AUTOMATION

We hit a small hold back, but the new certification exam will be coming very soon. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for you reply....

Could you please tell me when it will activated & we are able to attend test for L1 level.

Waiting for your valuable response...

Thanks, 

Shubham.

It should be released towards the end of this week, barring any issues.

Thanks for your Quick Reply...

Actually I have below assessment link :- 

https://www.ptcu.com/enrollment/student/assessment-thingworx-foundations

but when i am trying to take assessment the link is not get activate even though i have completed all advised training  material.   

Do I need to follows some other step ?

Since above link is provided by my organization.. 

Thanks for your supports.... 

The link I provided is the updated link for the latest certification exam. You can email iotubusiness@ptc.com with your specific question.

Hi,

May I know how much that assessment fee would be?

kkamble
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Hello,

Thank you for including me. I have responded the user in a private message.

Regards,
Karan Kamble

kkamble
6-Contributor
(To:Hariharnath)

Dear User,
Thank you for reaching out.
I would contact you in a private message.

Thanks,
Karan Kamble

I completed the three ThingWorx Foundations training courses and willing to take assessment . I informed the same in the contact us but I didn't get any reply till now.  Kindly consider this.

Hi NikhilaPesala,

How are you doing? Did you found the details of the certifications, cost and the process? I hope you have either completed the certificate or almost ready to give in. It would be interesting to know the status of the fellow aspirant who completed the 3 courses a month back.

Thanks

It's great to see such interest in the credential!

We are currently working on our completing the ThingWorx subscription which will include two ThingWorx certifications - Fundamental and Professional! You can go to the following link to find out more information:

https://www.ptc.com/en/ptc-university/subscription

The new Fundamentals credential will be available next week!

Press Contact Us to find out up to date pricing information.

I cleared my Fundamental Certification last year in September 2019. Is the new Fundamental certification anyway different from previous one.

Also, how I can apply for Professional certification ?

Hi sid_jhs,

Thanks for checking in!

The new certification exam covers some similar material as that of 2019. You can learn more here:

https://www.ptc.com/-/media/ptc-university/curriculum/thingworx/en/TWCR-FUND-Abstract.pdf

We will update the exam each calendar year, and honor the certificate for two years.

The ThingWorx Professional Certification will release in October and will include advanced content on connectivity, mashups, service authoring, security, data storage, and many other topics. The topics are selected from each course beyond Fundamentals in the ThingWorx Curriculum Guide.

https://www.ptc.com/-/media/ptc-university/curriculum/thingworx/ptc-university-thingworx-curriculum-en.pdf

Thanks @laura-proctor  for your quick reply.

I see that following 2 topics are added in this training for fundamentals course which were missing when I took classroom training provided to me by PTC Instructor last year.

Fundamentals of Analytics

Fundamentals of Deployment  

Is there any was to get training for following content online for users who have already taken training recently. As in my case not even 1 year is completed.

Analytics will have new information, but Deployment largely focuses on user access, which was covered in the former modeling course. You may register for the training session by itself, or sign up for a ThingWorx Learn Online Subscription and have access to the new certification and the professional level classes.

If you are looking for free resources, look in the ThingWorx Developer Portal.

Hi David,

I am on my way to finishing the 3 courses. I am afraid, it is very little to none information on the certification (both foundations and if there are any plans for more). Esp, since the certification is named as foundational. Also, I would like to know the cost of the Foundation Certificate; it would help me initiate the conversation with my company management,

I believe, keeping this information public and more accessible will only bring more developers into Thingworx platform, I hope that the goal of both PTC and the community. 

Top Tags