cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Press fit simulation...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Press fit simulation...

I did a search and found lots of questions, essentially no answers since back when we had to do press fit simulations in the old independent mode, so I thought I would ask again.

Anyone have some "guide/tutorial/best practice" document or webpage for doing press fit simulations? I have done the simple hand calculations, however while my interface is nice and cylindrical, the rest of the parts are non symmetrical. On top of that, I have a "stacked", double layer press fit. By that I mean, I have a cylinder with a roughly 1" thick ring pressed on to it, and another very thin ring pressed on to that. I will get some OD growth on the first ring that I need to account for on the second very thin ring. Add in the unique and non-symmetrical parts and it would be really nice to be able to do this in 3D...

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1

Paul,

Jumping in on the email you posted... We did something similar just recently and was able to use planar symmetry on 1/2 of the assembly - which made the 3D constraints very accommodating. Unfortunately it sounds like you may not have a planar symmetry option. Might you have an option to use cyclic symmetry with your assembly?

The contact functionality as you know allows you to have an initial overlap of material, and the solver "pushes" the parts away until there is no overlap and resulting stresses are provided.

Good luck,

Randy Speed
www.speedconsulting.com
(800) 256-7140 ph/fax
(214) 213-4440 cell

Top Tags