cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Structure Position

ptc-5288708
1-Newbie

Structure Position

I have downloaded your “Creo Elements / Direct Modelling express” and now I am busy with the tutorial from the start up screen.

I realize that this is your “lite” version but would like to ask about the “Structure Position”command, the tutorial first align the axis and then mate the face of the wheel to the trolley axis, but I see the axis on the trolley moved out of position. I used the “Structure Position” command to align the trolley with its axis, but then the axil move out of position from the wheel that I just positioned. So my question is, the “Structure Position” command position parts, but it does not constrain or fix the part in that position? Is there another command to constrain the part in position?

1 REPLY 1
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5288708)

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling does not normally constrain parts. Instead, it works by only moving the parts which you specify to move-everything else will be fixed during that command. If the axle moved for you, you must have accidentally selected it.

Top Tags